Sunday, September 13, 2026

I Finally Got Them!

 I finally got my first set of softbills in my collection. These are just my first, there will be many more to come! I already missed a sale where I could get blue-gray tanagers. But I will catch the next one, and I am ready! But for now, my first softbills are this pair of Venezuelan Troupials. I love these guys too! They are so cool-looking! So far, one of my favorite birds in my collection.

These are in the same family as blackbirds, like the red-winged blackbirds, whose song, IMO, announces the beginning of spring in marshy areas. They are also in the same family as what I call "Walmart birds", because I see them all the time at Walmart parking lots, wandering around looking for scraps. Their real name is Brewer's blackbirds


Like I said, this is just the beginning. I plan to get some different kinds of tanagers as well, like paradise tanagers. That's the one I am REALLY looking forward to getting!


And sooner or later down the road, IF I can find some, I want to get some more pekin robins again


I remember having some of these back when I had my first bird collection back in 1992. I bought them at a pet store that I used to visit a lot. They were actually quite common back then. I knew of 3 other pet stores that carried them. Now, I can't even find a breeder in this country! I know that's a lot of space between 1992 and 2026, but I wonder what happened. Why can't I find them anymore?

Ya know that same pet store, I recently heard, keeps their birds in dirty cages. But at this point, I don't care!!!! If I can find more of any birds I want, I'm gonna get it! I'll just say it's a rescue. I used to go there a lot! It's the pet store in Des Moines, near Kent. They also used to sell all kinds of exotic reptiles and amphibians. I used to go there a lot for some day geckos. That's another species that is hard to find! Nowadays, all most pet stores (and even breeders) have in day geckos are the larger day geckos. And I myself, prefer the smaller ones, like peacock and gold dust day geckos. I've even found one breeder of neon day geckos! But only one. No other breeders I know carries those. It's such a shame! Back when we had more pet stores, I could find almost anything! Now that most of them are gone, I don't see much of anything anymore! And that sucks! Because breeders are not easy to find! Not if you want a specific variety of bird or day gecko.

A lot of the birds I used to have in my first bird collection came from pet stores, and I had some back then I have never been able to find again! Nowadays, if you are lucky to find a pet store that carries birds, most of them are conures. Not that that is a bad thing. I'd love to have a hand-tamed sun conure! And the smaller birds they have are usually zebra and society finches. No one carries exotic finches anymore. For all this, I blame the ARAs. They SUCK! I mean, I love animals, but I'm not a crazy animal rights activist! I'm actually not an activist for anything. In order to be an activist, you have to be a radical, and I hate radicals!

My sis says I should breed birds. Well, that would be nice, I could put all these birds I got to good use. But that's not why I got them. To me, birds are like living decorations. I feed them and keep them watered, and once a week I clean their cages, and I love to sit back and watch them frolic around in their cages and listen to their little songs and calls. To me, that is fun on a boring afternoon. I have birds because I like them. I wish more varieties were available here in the USA. I found someone who has birds of paradise!! Now that would be like the top of the mountain for me! That's the ultimate prize! But I bet they cost thousands of dollars.

Well, in other news I had to shut off comments here. I'm not angry nor nothing, but I am sick of this kid who keeps commenting. I'm used to him by now, but I'm just sick and tired of him. This time, I don't see me allowing anonymous comments at any time in the foreseeable future. Just like all other leftists, if he doesn't get his way, he gets pissy. I don't need that. This is why I totally disagreed with Clinton making it illegal to spank your children. I knew in the long run, it was going to create miscreants like this kid. I look at what he writes, and I think "If I had talked to an older woman the way he talks to me, my ma would have slapped me to the middle of next year!" That's the way I was brought up. Being naturally from the south, my ma taught my sis and me some manners. It's a shame Gray Stanback's mama didn't do the same with him.

But I really cannot say nothing. I was like him when I was his age. Everyone who disagreed with me, I thought was against me. It took me a long time to realize that just because someone disagrees with me, that it's not a personal attack on me. It's just them being who they are, and thinking what they do. I can disagree with someone and still be friends with them. Leftists can't. But I can. And I sure don't want to be like any leftists!

As I have said on here many times before, I'm all for people living their lives however they want. As long as it doesn't infringe on someone else's rights. And I'm a very modest woman. I won't go into a locker room if there is a man swinging his junk all around at everyone! I do not, and will not, ever see trans "women" as being real women. No way! Because they're not. To say they are, is a lie. I won't stoop that low for anyone. I don't care if I did used to like them. Not gonna happen!

He said I was a coward for not accepting his notion that trans "women" are women. I told him, no, it would be cowardly of me to agree with him and say they are, when I know they're not. That would be me giving in to leftist's lies, when I know they are lies. Bravery is sticking to your values, even when you know they might enrage the opposition. Cowardice is changing your point of view just to appease the opposition. I won't do that! He asked me what would it take for him to make me believe trans "women" are real women. I told him an act of GOD. But GOD has nothing to do with trans people. That's Satan's doing. This is his world now. Ever since Obama. Stanback said he'd do anything. I thought about that, and thought about that and I finally said no. There's nothing he can do. 

I was going to play it safe and say "Would you promise to move on, leave me alone and never come back if I said what you want me to say?" But I figured even then, he wouldn't do it. His ego is too big. That's why he keeps coming back here. He's not worth it though. I don't like him well enough anymore to defile my principles for him. He's like the evil ex who keeps saying he wants me back, but won't stop abusing and harassing. I didn't opt for that kind of treatment, so I told him to fuck off this morning. And I am glad I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.