Tuesday, September 1, 2026

New Announcement

 Well, I finally did it! After years of trying to get these music video movies on my site, I finally was able to do it without the threat of being torn down. Remember the old music video collection movies, where my sis and I play video DJs? The last time I had them up, I had them hosted on Kunaki. Then, I had to charge $1.99 for anyone to view them. I didn't like that, because while the commentary and narration was the property of UMG Productions, Inc, the music videos themselves were not. So, I didn't want to charge anyone to view them. That's not fair to the musicians. Though most of the videos I put in the movies were collected from public sources, like YouTube. I still felt wrong charging people to view them. The only reason I charged anything at all was because Kunaki charged me to host them. I would have been charged every time someone clicked to view them. Besides, I didn't like Kunaki's online player. I couldn't even customize or embed videos onto my site from Kunaki. I tried it for a while to see how well it would do.

Well, now I found a way to make those videos available. I went back to good ol' Rumble.com! I made videos out of the files I still have, and put them up. Then, I embedded them into a page on my UMG Productions website. Now, I offer them all at NO cost to the viewer! I think I'm going to do that a little more often now that I discovered Rumble. If I want to monetize, I can. If I don't, then I don't have to. And none of these music videos collections are monetized. At least I hope not. But who knows? Maybe someday I will offer my videos again on the UMG Productions site, and monetize them. People can pay for them just with their views. That would be cool. I might also do something else, like Wikipedia, I might have a tip jar feature for every video page. It'll be strictly voluntary. No one has to donate a tip. But it'd be cool just to add that feature! And any proceeds can go to help make the website better and offer more freebies.

Anyway, if anyone wants to view the music video collections, with me, Katrina, sis, and several others doing the video jockeying, here's the link Uncle Martin and the Gang Stories: My Favorite Videos (Video Collection). There are 9 episodes so far, and I am currently working on a 10th. Enjoy them!

At this point in my life, I more want to get my stories out there, rather than make money off them. But that's just me. I try and I try, many different ideas. I do have a whole host of people interested in the Uncle Martin and the Gang Discusses INXS stories. That's a compilation book. There's like 3 different stories in that one publication. But everybody seems to like it! Nobody has commented yet, but I did get a private email about it from a book club. I was like "Wow! That's really cool!" My sales for that book was the biggest I've ever had at one time! Only one of those stories is true, the other 2 stories are fan-fiction stories. Stories I just did for the hell of it. But apparently, it made some good reading because most everyone in this book club loved the stories. 

As for Rumble, I think I like that website. I'm going to use it to it's full advantage. I may offer my videos for free, with commercials. That's an idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.