One of America's most iconic singers passed away yesterday, and I wrote a little tribute to her on my Facebook page. All I said basically was "RIP Dolly Parton. You will be missed". Well, today I wake up to such kinds of messages and videos like this...
This was not addressed specifically to me, but he does address MAGA. I'm not MAGA, but I am a Trump supporter. This guy was not the only leftist to post such an insane, ridiculous video. I saw several others, leftists telling us we can't mourn for Dolly Parton because she "wasn't MAGA". Leftists don't know that! She never mentioned what side of the polls she was on. They just think Trump supporters should not like her because "she liked reading, she liked immigrants, she liked trans people" and this n that and this n that! UGH!!! It's the same as that leftist kid telling me I can't have any black friends because I'm supposedly "racist". Leftists cannot tell me what I can and cannot have. Or cannot do. I just said to this guy...
Yes, I do have my own personal reasons for mourning her. I won't mention them here, but believe me, I have good reason to mourn her. She didn't want to be mourned, because she is in the hands of GOD. That's what she said she believed. So, I will honor that. But I will still say it is sad that she's gone now. She was one of the few remaining icons from my childhood that was still around. She had a great sense of humor, that's why she was always smiling. My ma even named a dog after her that we had for a few months when I was about 10 years old. That dog had the sweetest face, and the sweetest smile. She was half collie and St. bernard. She had the coat and coloring of a st. bernard, and the face of a collie. I remember when I was a kid, my ma kept trying to get rid of Dolly. One time she didn't succeed. She tried giving her to a friend of the family back then. But I told dad what she did and he called her up and made her bring Dolly back.
The next time she did manage to get rid of Dolly. She took her to the pound. I wouldn't speak to my ma for a month after that. My ma said we got rid of Dolly because a stupid houseguest she had come over and stay with us spoiled her rotten. I couldn't believe it! I had to sacrifice my dog, that I loved, because of some friend of ma's, that I eventually grew to hate! That was lame!!! If it hadn't been for that, I think we would have kept Dolly for the remainder of the 1980s! Instead, I spent the remainder of the 80s trying to find the perfect dog to replace her.
Well, now my pets are no longer under my parents' control. Well, my father is gone, so he sure does not have a say anymore. Now, I keep pets until the day they die. The pound is off-limits in this family. Not even an option! If I can no longer keep them, I hand them off to family. Either one of my sisters may be happy to take them. But so far, I have no intention of getting rid of any of my pets. My dogs and birds are here to stay.
Anyway, I have been taking a walk back memory lane, back to a day when music was actually good. I found some decent modern songs! I added a few of them to my new player for the car. I decided to do something different that I'd never done before. I made 2 music folders. One for everyday songs, and one for holiday songs. I want to keep this up too. It's a great idea. Sometimes sis and I go on holiday trips, either to take a little vacation or go Christmas shopping. And it's fun to be able to get us both in that holiday spirit by playing around with Christmas music, as well as my regular rock n roll music! Yes, Dolly Parton somewhat stirred up this little inclination I am currently on. I am also getting another one that I can play around the house with.
Nothing is going to really replace my current MP3 player. It's a little pink Creative Zen 2 GB player. It's old. It's cover is breaking and peeling. It doesn't have a fancy screen. But it still plays! It still sounds good. It does have a speaker, so that you don't have to plug it in to enjoy it. But it only holds 2 GB worth of music. Back when I bought it, that didn't matter. I only knew a few songs anyways. But as the years go by now, I'm hearing some new, interesting music. So, I've been filling up. I have too many songs now. So, that's why I am getting this new player. It's got 126 GB (something like that). I'd never be able to fill that! But I want to add both folders from my car player to the new one so I can listen to this music here at home too.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.